Creating A Marketing Plan Template
The process of developing your marketing plan can help your company allocate resources, organize operations, prioritize activities, evaluate different marketing activities, think creatively about problems, and identify new business opportunities.
II MARKET INFORMATION AND COMPETITIVE STRATEGY
Provide enough information about your market to enable your reader to understand why you have decided to address this business opportunity.
1. Describe your market.
Examine both historical and current market data to describe what factors you feel will influence your customers’ purchase decisions.
2. Describe your typical customer.
Discuss your customers’ needs and concerns. Describe the psychology of your typical customer.
3. Describe market trends that may influence your customers’ purchase decision.
Provide enough information to enable your reader to understand how your product fits into their market.
4. Describe competitive solutions.
Explain how competitive solutions are being used to address your customers’ needs.
5. Describe any social or cultural factors that may impact your marketing plan.
6. Describe any economic or business conditions that may impact your marketing plan.
7. Describe any political issues, laws, or regulations that may impact your marketing plan.
8. Describe any market research that you have done to validate your marketing plan.
Provide a brief analysis of your target market, including demographics, geographic, lifestyle, and other data that will help your reader understand how and why your company has targeted this business opportunity.